Thursday, December 27, 2007

High End Shopping

I can't understand how people can indulge in high end shopping (or 'atas' shopping as some Malaysians and Singaporeans would term it).

Since I was in Pa-ree and Serena asked me to check out a Gucci handbag for her, I thought I'd better follow my colleagues out, cause I obviously don't really know the way. We went to this freaking huge LV store to look around first. I think we spent more than an hour there. These girls can look at the bags for hours and still can't decide whether to buy them or not. Damn regret following them there.

I can understand why one would take a long time to decide, cause the bags ARE expensive. No matter how cheap you deem them to be, its STILL expensive. Its a fact that would never change.

I saw some, one or two designs that was pretty. But one bag cost about 400 over and the other was 600 over. The currency, in Euros, obviously. RM1600 plus and more for a handbag that would be so precious, I wouldn't want to use it too much, in case I damage it, would not be very worth the money is it? I can freaking buy at least 30 bags and more from Bugis Street or slightly over 10 pieces of bags from Esprit (the more 'atas' shopping for me). I guess that is why I would never be an 'atas' person.


But it would be so silly to judge a person's status based on the bags they carry, no? They might carry an LV bag, but have not much in it. So what if I carried a no brand bag? I think I have so much more, its not necessary to show off.

I hate high end shopping.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you. I recently bought an LV bag on behalf of my housemate... I couldn't believe my ears and eyes when I heard one of my colleague bought a tiny little handbag that barely its anything for more than Euro400. I got bored very quickly in those stores...
    I can look and stare but not for long; therefore I will not be able to be an "atas" person like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Gives centurionniess a high five*

    Seriously duno what they see in these bags. I don't want to step into another one of these shops if given a choice.

    ReplyDelete