Thursday, April 10, 2008

Staying Healthy~

I've never been very concious with my eating habits for the past few years. I've always believed in my own personal motto, 'Eat first, think later'. Only after my Hong Kong holiday last year in May did I realise I was putting on weight and looking rounder than usual.

From then, I slowly cut down my food intake and ate only enough to make me full, instead of being overly full-until-can-die type of full. It was tough and took a whole lot of discipline to stay away from junks and desserts. For over a few months I did that and was happy when I dropped one to two kgs.

It was an achievement. For me at least. Cause during the whole growing up process, I've never refrained myself from eating. I was quite blessed to be able to eat big portions and fattening food without actually having a weight problem. I would lick every platter clean. Like literally. It was like a skill. Showing off that I can gobble down food that most girlies would scorn at or deem as 'comfort food'. It was fun...at that point of time.

I'm totally against that now. Maybe its the age catching up. Or probably the fact that I've seen so many people I know suffering from health problems. I'm actually trying to adopt healthy eating habits. I've not completely stopped eating junk, but more or less, I haven't touched it intentionally or bought any home for a very long time now. I now snack on fruits, yoghurt bars, cereals and nuts. Something I'm extremely proud of (at this point of time), cause not everyone can be disciplined to do that.

I picked up exercising too. I sometimes go for a jog and try to go gym for light exercises. I love it. And I love that I have someone to share this healthy lifestyle with. I hope its something we will continue doing for a long long time....

1 comment: