Thursday, November 20, 2008

Attachment

It seems to be getting more and more difficult to be away these days.

I recently overheard a conversation of my colleague (I wasn't eavesdropping, she was speaking really loud). Her boyfriend is based overseas and she stays in Singapore. The nature of our job enables her to visit her boyfriend regularly if not often. They've maintained a relationship as such for about 8 years. She used to be really sad when leaving him everytime. But these days, she says she's alright with it. It almost feels like nothing. Just another routine.

I beg to differ.

I've grown so attached to Nic, especially recently. It feels so sad when I leave for another country. The only motivation I have is telling myself when I'll be back and when I get to see him next. I guess most people will either say I'm too sticky as a girlfriend or tell me this is just a honeymoon period in the relationship. But I know for sure it isn't.

This attachment is a form of growth in our relationship. I don't know how you can measure growth, but it feels just about right to describe it in these words. Its a wonderful feeling though. Nobody makes me happy the way he does...*smiles*

I'll be back in a week...be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment