Monday, July 24, 2006

On My Trip To Osaka

After my grandfather's funeral, my mom had to rush over to meet me in Singapore. We were to catch a flight to Osaka, Japan for a short holiday. I had planned this holiday for months and my mom went through a lot of trouble trying to apply for the visa.

I know...

It sounds so wrong to be going for a trip just right after her dad's (my grandfather's) funeral. But her siblings told her to go ahead. After all, my grandfather died at a proud age of 92. After all the trouble with her visa, she decided not to waste it. So, we went ahead with our plans.

We weren't exactly in the holiday mood. Tried to enjoy but the weather was an additional spoiler. It rained the whole time we were there.

I enjoyed most when my mom related to me about my grandfather. She obviously misses him, that's why she talks about him. The guilt feeling that I couldn't be there to see him one last time will probably follow me for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:01 PM

    I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear me...I never realised I posted any pictures before? Is someone hacking my account? *frowns*

    ReplyDelete