Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Want To Get Better...

Sigh Sigh Sigh Sigh....

Since last Friday, I haven't been feeling well at all. First it was a terrible sore throat, followed by the usual cold and cough. And just when I thought everything was getting better during the weekend, I started perging! Like having diarrhea. Damn. Its not about how often I've been going to the toilet, but how bad the stomach discomfort is and coming out from the toilet hoping nobody will need to use it for the next few hours...

I've been to the doctor like 3 times since Friday. Nothing much seems to be helping. Then I developed some kinda rash on Tuesday night. Doctor suspected that I had denggue but ruled it out when he took my temperature. I was barely running a fever. Then he told me maybe I had rubella (german measles). Asked me to stay away from pregnant ladies. I confined myself to the house even though I had a date with Nic (he purposely swapped shifts at work so he could go Christmas shopping with me!!) Sigh~ The horror...

I would think after the diarrhea medicine, I'll show some signs of improvement. But it seems to be getting worse. So I went to get a second opinion from another doctor. I had a whole long lecture about how stupid I was to go see him. Should be followed up by the same doctor. I should be resting and give it time to recover. Yadda yadda yadda....Like WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!? And he said most probably I have denggue and should go to the hospital for a blood test.

I thought he was a little insane and emotionally disturbed as a doctor. I decided to go back to my previous doctor. He told me I'm showing signs of recovery and I should stop taking the diarrhea tablets. But just now I came home...I had to run...for the toilet again...I'm totally confused now.

I'm also torn between going to work tomorrow or staying home to get better. All because I want my Christmas to be OFF.

How? How? How?

No comments:

Post a Comment