Monday, December 29, 2008

I.A.M.I.N.L.O.N.D.O.N.

I'm sitting in the hotel room bed propped up with pillows and my laptop on my lap. Its 5.20am, London time.I feel chilly even with my thermal on and some stick it on pocket warmers under my blanket. My hands are freezing up as I type this entry.

I think the people here have the most ridiculous design for taps. The hot and cold water taps are separate in the same sink. The hot water is too hot and the cold water is too icy to be used alone. I end up brushing my teeth and washing my face mostly using the bath instead. You would think someone would've cleverly imported another design especially since this method is so totally crappy during winter. But heck no.

I miss home.

Its such a weird feeling to have after 4 years of living out and trying to be independant. I often sit about thinking about home and all the good things I left behind. My family and friends. All the gatherings I missed celebrating friend's birthday. My mom's cooking. My sister's chattering. My brother's occassional talk sessions. My dad...he's almost away from home as often as I am...

I'm just glad that I have Nic to go back to in Singapore. It was awfully bad when I opened the doors to an empty house and wished myself a pair of ruby red shoes like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Just so I can wish myself home to my house in KL without having to worry about how many days I have to spend there and how long the journey back is gonna eat into those days.

I wonder how will it be like when I permanently move back again. Will I be missing the home I once had in Singapore? I bet I will...with all the working memories I built while I was there. My emo moments alone. My happy moments with Nic. The experience of living out with housemates. I wonder if there will be a time when I wished for those ruby red shoes again? To bring me back to the living out moments where I missed home....

What a cycle...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:19 PM

    i used to have the same problem with the taps when I was in england. What i did was use cut two holes on a plastic bottle for the two taps, and one big hole on the other side, so that the water mixes in the bottle before gushing out. hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAhaha...That IS such a brilliant idea. Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete