Saturday, May 30, 2009

My sad holiday...

What a crappy planned out holiday! You really never know when other things may just affect your normal life all of a sudden.

I have about a week's worth of days off and annual leave. Have been planning to go for a trip with Serena for ages (at least more than 2 years). We wanted to go Taiwan initially with Jern Hoh, but he couldn't make it, so we invited Pui Mun, and all was set. Then just when we were looking at the schedules and booking dates, Pui Mun backed out, couldn't go. So Serena and I decided to make it simple and go for a Hong Kong trip instead.

Some swine flu outbreak had to happen and one whole hotel of people got quarantined in Hong Kong, which freaked us out and we decided to cancel. So the last minute plan was for Serena to come over to Singapore and we just hang out and go shopping.

Just as I arrived in Singapore from London, day before our short holiday starts, I receive several sms regarding a confirmed case of swine flu in Singapore. The first. It had to be the same flight that my housemate came back from! Shites! I knew my holiday plans were all going down the drain...

So, just in case precaution (since my housemate was not asked to be quarantined), I had to change plans and go back to KL instead. We couldn't do any local holidays last minute. Its really too last minute, and we are two helpless girls who just wanna have fun...

We met with Jern Hoh for lunch, had a spa moment together and a long dinner together. I guess the important thing is to spend time together as friends, no matter where we are. But I just can't help feeling disappointed with the overseas part. Especially now, since I'm donating blood to the mozzies in my living room. I think I've fed them about 5 times at least in the last half hour.

Oh well...life's like that...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:13 AM

    Wanna hear about my sad holiday? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything in life is a surprise. can be good, can be bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes...life can be so unpredictable...

    ReplyDelete