Saturday, May 06, 2006

My Bus Experience...

I took a bus back from the airport last night. Something I only do once in a while, and definately not during the night. Cause after I alight at the bus stop, I still need to walk uphill about 5 minutes to reach home. During the night, its a little scary for me.

Anyway, something went wrong with the bus service last night and resulted in a long queue of people. When the bus finally reached, everyone boarded and I knew I was going to end up standing near the driver's seat. With a heavy bag in toll, I was already eyeing on a spot where I could put my baggage and stand to support it without being in the way of others.

But no.

These four teenage boys had to go put their shopping there and two of them actually had the cheek to sit there. They were blocking the way of others with their knees sticking out. Okay fine. They got there first. So, I'll stop bitching about them.

As I mentioned earlier, the bus service was screwed for that night, so every bus stop had at least a few people waiting to board the bus. If those who were standing right behind of the bus made some space, we could jolly well accomodate more people. But nobody was moving. I half expected the driver to stand up and yell on top of his voice, "Masuk belakang, masuk belakang, MASUK BELAKANG!!!" But this would only happen in KL. We just had to move ourselves when you're in Singapore.

I overheard one guy complaining about how packed the bus was. I thought to myself, "This is nothing man. You've still got at least 3-5cm before you rub shoulder or asses with a stranger. Wait till you take a bus in KL. That is super sardine pack. That is what you call madness!"

I ain't complaining. But if given a choice, I'd still prefer a cab or car anytime. Cause I wasted a freaking hour for that bus ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment