Wednesday, May 03, 2006

5 years...

Today, I had a chat with one of my friends through MSN, just like any other day. Until he told me that he was having doubts about his relationship with his girlfriend of 5 years. 5 years....

I remember a few months back, he was telling me how he missed his girlfriend when she's not around, how badly he wants her to move in with him, how he wanted to prepare for their future together. But now, he tells me he's having doubts.

First reaction, I asked him why. He says he doesn't want to be stuck to one girl when there might be others. He says after 5 years of being together and living together, there is nothing much you can do anymore. Is that true?

I'm pretty sure that girl does not know for nuts that he is having these thoughts. If I'm in her shoes, I'd be crushed to know my boyfriend thinks that way of me. I'd be lost for words that he is dumping me because he wants to experience some other relationship. All these, just because he thinks he might be losing out on better options.

I know there is a possibility of your love and affections fading. But crap. Do you know what the hell are you talking about here? 5 years of being together is going to go down the drain just because you think there might be some other girls out there better than her. Its like a huge risk to take. What if you couldn't find someone a better match for you? Are you counting on your ex to take you back? I don't think in relationships, there are such things as contingency plans.

But heck. You live your own life. I just listen and watch. All I can say is, please think before you act. All the best....*shakes your hand and gives you a pat on the back*

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your theory on people who are affectionate to more than one at a time? How do you supress natural feelings?
    Shit always happens in times that never take place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is NO theory on love...

    You CAN'T supress natural feelings. You have to OVERCOME it.

    When shit happens, you still got to find time to resolve it. So make the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't that why stats show that dating "too long" and moving in before marriage leads to a higher chance of divorce? Like it or not ppl get bored.

    Love is afterall only a chemical reaction.

    ReplyDelete