Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I.M.S.I.C.K.

It all started with the many fried tempuras I never had. I should've known better than to have 3 types of tempura all in a day. Then I had to go and indulge in a chocolate fondue feast. Only two of us, but the chocolate fondue was practically wiped clean.

Came home feeling major pain in my throat. The next day the pain got better but I started a sneezing frenzy. Went to work as per-normal only to make it worse. Had fever on and off. Went to see a doctor after work. The weirdest doctor I've ever met. This was part of the conversation we had...

Doctor: So, what is wrong with you?

HM: I had sore throat, then flu, fever and now I'm coughing.

Doctor: When was the last time you had your menses?

HM: o_O *pause a while*
Ermm...I can't remember *thinks what does that have to do with my
flu and cough?*

Doctor: Roughly tell me a date.

HM: Erm...maybe mid or end of last month?

Doctor: Give me a date *sounded very persistent*

HM: *tries to count backwards....* Maybe somewhere during 18th to 20 someting?

Doctor: Give me a date.

HM: -.-"' 20th *don't care anymore...just hentam*

That conversation itself bantered on for at least 5 minutes. And I really have no freaking idea what is the connection between my monthly cycle to my illness. Anyway, that was just the beginning. Later on....

HM: I had ear ache as well.

Doctor: Ok. *reached out for a torch light*
You look at the other side, on the wall maybe and see if the light shines through.

HM: What? o_O

Doctor: *seems amused and laughs at his own joke*

HM: *OMG, that was like...damn lame...*

This doctor really is a little psycho. He is quite old, definately more than 50 years of age. When I told him I was having fever, the least he could do was take a temperature for me. Instead, he used his hand to feel my forehead and neck to see if I was burning up. Weird la...

I'm no where near to feeling better yet. Still croaking away when I try to talk and my sore throat seems to be coming back. Sienz...

2 comments: