Thursday, April 13, 2006

Income Tax

As I'm currently living in Singapore and earning their money, I'm required to pay income tax here. The due date for this year's tax is on 15th April. My first tax.

I didn't received the letter concerning my tax, so I called a few days ago to clarify. They sent it to my company address. To wait for another letter to arrive would take another few days because they needed to change my address and stuff. So, I decided to do it online. Then I asked how. The lady told me that I need to apply for some password. OK....I wouldn't have been half bothered if I didn't hear that they demand penalty from those who fail to submit their taxes by the date.

I went online, but I couldn't access certain stuff on the website. I gave up. Erin managed to get thru however, and it seems that after you apply for the password, they'll mail it to your home address after 4 working days. Like What??! My home address already wrong, right? If you are going to mail me at the same freaking address, I won't be receiving the damn thing in the end! So frustrated ok. And note to self: the due date is within a few days.

Thank goodness they have a thing with some of the Community Centre branches. Ended up I had to go there to process my password. Less than 10 minutes and it was done, for free. But then I still had to log on to the e-portal to settle the income tax thing. So complicated the website....

Well, finally I'm done with the submission. No need to think about it for the next few days. *whew~*

My first income tax. How exciting. *Clap clap clap~Applaud and Cheer~* ^.^\/

No comments:

Post a Comment